Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Catching Up with You...


Okay, I know you haven't seen anything going on here lately.  But I have lots of excuses...it was the 33rd anniversary for the big guy and me and it was my birthday (as well as the birthday of a gadzillion of my friends and I had to help them celebrate),  it was Super Bowl, it was Groundhog's Day, and now it's Valentines.  Whew...no wonder I haven't been here posting.   I've been busy fixing snacks like the individual 7-Layer Dip (see above) that I served in little jars during the Super Bowl game.  That was fun, you get all 7 layers to yourself and there's no one taking all the avacado and cheese and leaving you the beans in the bottom.

And we took a little trip to San Antonio to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday (they are a day apart) and we had a great time. Went to a Spurs game and to lunch at a fabulous steak house that's rated #2 in the state according to Texas Monthly magazine. It's Bohannon's and it's located downtown directly across from the Majestic Theater. We stayed downtown and I loved being able to walk to the Riverwalk and points beyond. Here's a little shot of our dessert--a chocolate creme brulee that could knock your socks off...and the dish after we scraped it clean.  Notice the two spoons...it was shared...although reluctantly!




And here's a shot of our view of the basketball game from the cheap seats we had wwaayy up there near the ceiling.  That's what happens when you don't plan ahead and buy good tickets for that sweet husband of yours that's hung around putting up with you for a third of a century.


Speaking of that husband, we actually have big plans for Valentine's tonight.  We're staying home and roasting weiners on the patio.  Oh yes, we are known for our romance!  It's one of our favorite things to do and, luckily, we live where we can eat on the patio year-round.

Whatever your plans for this day of love, I hope you do it with a happy heart.  Happy Valentine's to You!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Judi! Love the seven layer dip in the individual jars! Happy Belated Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete