Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Places Everyone!




Okay...it's almost Thanksgiving. Today is my favorite day of the year. I spend all day in the kitchen getting ready for tomorrow and I get my table set.

This is the first time in about five years that I've had the meal here at our house. Being a banker, my daughter-in-law usually has to work the Friday after, so we travel to Houston to have dinner with them. Last year St. Wayne and I took off on a roadtrip to Memphis and had Thanksgiving dinner at the Peabody Hotel with the ducks. It was lots of fun, lots of money, and lots of people we didn't know. My favorite part of the whole meal? Duck shaped butter pats! Everything was quite elegant and delicious with a vast array of choices.

But now we're back to casual at home. My favorite place in all the world. We'll have nine around the table tomorrow. Here it is all set and ready to go. I had a difficult decision with the placecards. Here were my choices. I ended up going with the leaves because I figured I could do the punched flatware any time. Leaves are for fall. At least that's what they tell us. We don't have fall leaves down here in South Texas...just wind-blown palm fronds. We have seen fall leaves on our travels and crave them and would love to live somewhere we could enjoy that. But for now we'll just punch them out of gold and copper metal sheets and pretend we picked them up from the yard. The fun part about the punched flatware is you have left over punches of spoons, forks, and knives for confetti. It's the cutest punch ever and by All Night Media. I've had it forever, but you might be able to find one.

Whereever you are this year...enjoy yourself and your loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment