Saturday, February 13, 2010

Make It a Banner Valentine's

Here's a fun way to express your sentiment for whatever holiday is coming up...a festive little banner. This one was made in just a few minutes by cutting out hearts and running them through a crimper. You can get crimpers of all sizes at the craft stores or you could use one of those little tools for squeezing out the last bit of paint in a tube. I have both and either works fine. Then I cut out tags from black card stock and letter "LOVE" in white ink and tie them on wire with ribbon. I wrapped some white wire around a thin dowel to make the spiral look and then stretched it to the length I needed.

Quick and easy...and you can adapt it to birthdays by lettering the birthday celebrant's name and do one for every kid in the family. I have one I did years ago that has "NOEL" lettered on craft colored hang tags with black folded stars tied on the wire with old twill tape...it's old as the hills and I hang it every year and still love it. It has a real "vintage" look.

So play and piddle and add a festive banner to your holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment