Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Napkins, Napkins, Napkins




I spent the last few days washing, starching, and ironing every napkin I own. My friend and fellow blogger, Debby over at Debby's Gracious Home offered to "practice" monogramming on her new monogram machine anything I needed monogrammed. Well, she's offered the wrong girl. I could keep her busy til the end of time because I love anything monogrammed.

When I pulled out my napkin basket, I found a mess. After I use cloth napkins, I wash, fold, and put them away in my linen closet. So when it's time to set the table for company coming, I usually pull out my basket, decide I don't want to go to the trouble or I don't have enough time to iron, and decide paper will do nicely. Therefore, I don't use the napkins I love.

When I surveyed the contents of my napkin basket, I found napkins on the bottom I forgot I had...and some I'd never used. So I pulled them all out, washed them in separate loads, and got them cleaned and organized. I'm so proud. This is my collection. This is the way they look now without any embroidery on them.

I have indoor napkins and outdoor napkins that are just itching to be "embellished"! I now have to decide if I want an initial or some little symbol stitched on them. Some of my favorite napkins are the large white ones with a knife and fork embroidered on them. They came from Wisteria's Outlet store in Dallas. My friend Cathie found them while shopping one day and called to say I needed eight of them and I thought I did, too. I adore them because I love anything silverware related. So I'll be headed over to Debby's one day this week to make this collection even more wonderful.

Look for a post about the results real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment