Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Day of Summer in Judi World


I know it's not officially the last day of summer, but in my world, it is. The last day of August...I've been waiting three months for this!

St. Wayne and I spent eight days in July in Oregon and Washington this year and last. It has changed my view of the world. I used to think those pictures in magazines of summer parties in the yard were either staged in a studio, airbrushed, or a figment of someone's imagination. In Oregon and Washington, one really could have an outdoor party in the summertime. In fact while we were there, we spent several nights at our friends' Jennifer and Peter's house in Vancouver where we ate every meal al fresco on their patio and slept without air conditioning (and under down comforters). We come back home to South Texas asking why do we live here where it's hotter than it ever needs to be???

The picture above is our backyard. The squirrels think we placed that table and chandelier under the trees just for them because we hardly step outside the back door after May. But now that September is tomorrow, I just might spend a little time out there, if the squirrels will allow it. Okay, in actuality, I won't even attempt it until October and maybe not until November. But in my mind, I know I could if I wanted to...if I were naked...if the water sprinkler was on...if I had a cool drink in my hand...ah...come on crisp fall days...I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment