Friday, September 3, 2010

Tiny Tags






There are times you'll want to print on something other than a 8.5 X 11 inch sheet of paper in your computer printer. I'm always wanting to print on something small...like the tags in the first picture. I use these for gift tags, labels for boxes and baskets, and mailing labels. Well, I have a trick I use that might make your life easier...you can thank me later.

The second photo shows the blank tags ready to be printed and the secret ingredient...Post-it tape.

First, I choose the font, color, and size I would like to print on my tag and then type it up with lots of space around it as shown in the third picture.

Then I use a Post-it Labeling and Cover-up Tape to secure each tag OVER the words that were just typed and printed. You have to secure it and make sure there are no little edges sticking up because you want it to go through your printer again without coming apart. In the next photo, I show you what it looks like all taped up with the Post-it tape holding the tags in place.

Then I send the same piece of paper through the printer with the tags taped up and cross my fingers. It makes a little noise and scares me a little...but knock on wood...I've never had a problem losing anything in my printer.

You remove the tape and your little tag is ready to go. The Post-it tape is available at Staples Office Supply. We don't have a Staples locally, but you can order online. It's wonderful tape and easily removed after it's done its job.

If you have trouble understanding the process, email me and I'll walk you through it. Good luck, practice on one tag at a time at first and then, hopefully, it will open up a whole new way of printing all sorts of things...luggage tags, postcards, placecards...the possibilities are endless. Manipulate your printer at your own risk and practice until you become fearless like me and are willing to try anything. Don't blame me if you have to buy a new printer...afterall they're pretty inexpensive. Just kidding...it's always worked for me and if you secure the tape so nothing catches as it's going over the rollers, you really shouldn't have any problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment