Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sprng Has Left Me Sprung...


You may have noticed I haven't been around. It's been an emotional Spring as our family has suffered the loss of my sister-in-law, Syd to a massive stroke in April. She left behind two incredible children in their twenties and lots of friends and family who will sorely miss her. Her beautiful send-off was planned by her daughter, son, and daughter-in-law and was such a wonderful tribute to her. She would have been so proud to know the church was packed with friends who had wonderful things to say about her. We all have sweet memories of Syd. She's pictured above with a quilt she made me a couple of years ago that I cherish and keep displayed in my living room.


We have also had lots of houseguests...seven waves of company in a six week period. All glorious visits from people we love, but it's kept me busy cooking and cleaning and running to the grocery store. We really like nothing better than our family and friends coming to visit and always look forward to the next wave. That's what happens when you live this close to the beach!

One really outstandingly happy thing to tell you about...I'VE RETIRED! No more wedding invitations to assemble all night long to meet a deadline, no more page after page of addresses to calligraph onto envelopes, no more sales taxes to file and pay, so many "no more"s! I'm excited to do lunch any time I want to and I'm especially excited about naps! Ah, daytime naps are such luxuries...

I hope you have a wonderful Summer and I hope I'll find it fun and refreshing and full of all kinds of inspiration to piddle with to help fill this new found time. Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted!

1 comment: