Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bordering on Boredom


We remodeled our kitchen last Spring. One of my favorite changes was a wallpaper border that I painted over with chalkboard paint. I'd grown a little bored with the chickens encircling the eating area...although they were pretty cute perched in different little chairs...I figured enough already!
Being a calligrapher, I bought a chalk marker from my local craft store and lettered different quotes all the way around the room. The chalk marker requires a little elbow grease to remove, but it's much smoother to apply and stays. You can actually rub against it, and unlike chalk, it won't smudge.
I change the quotes when the mood strikes and even do little drawings from time to time. It's always a topic of conversation with dinner guests and my friends and family contribute food-related quotes in the hope of seeing theirs on the wall.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you wrote about the border in your kitchen. When I had the pleasure of visiting your home, I thought it was the most clever of ideas! Enjoyed your blog and looking forward to the next posting (this is my first blog experience;)
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your sweet words...you can spend lots of pleasant hours going from one blog to the next...there are some wonderful ones out there. a great way to piddle away some time!

    ReplyDelete