Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Many Thanks

I have to say "thanks" to Colleen. She's my technologically advanced friend who knows how to do everything, especially those things pertaining to computers. And believe me when I say, if not for her, you wouldn't be reading this blog right now.



Little did I know how much I'd learn from her when I sat down across from her in study hall in 1964. She was wearing the coolest shade of nail polish of anybody in school. And when I asked her the name of the shade and she said, "Coffee," I knew she was sophisticated. The rest of us girls picked out colors like "Candy Stripes" and "Pouting Pink"...but not the new girl from the big city...no siree...she was naturally drawn to names like "Coffee."


We've been through lots together in the past 45 years...boyfriends, weddings, divorces and near divorces, baby boys, deaths of our parents, life's ups and downs in general. I've always been able to count on her...she's always there when I need her. She one of the most unselfish people I've ever known. And I appeciate her...and our friendship. Thanks Colleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment