Sunday, August 23, 2009

White Chocolate Popcorn




This week is going to be one busy week. With all sorts of deadlines facing me, I know I won't have any piddlin' time, so I'm giving you one of my favorite recipes. It's quick and delicious and, I'm sure, good for you. Ha! It's a great gift idea. I learned of this when my friend Debby gave me a beautiful Christmas apothecary jar filled with White Chocolate Popcorn a couple of Christmases ago. Not only was the jar spectacular, but the contents were delicious, too.

I made a batch today and have packaged it in little cello bags tied with ribbons. I thought I'd photograph the steps so you can see how easy it is. Okay, here we go.

You'll need the following: a bag of white chocolate chips, 6 small, single serving packages (or 3 large packages) of microwave popcorn, and a large bowl. Pop all the corn and place in the bowl. Melt the chocolate. (I use the microwave for about a minute, then check it after 20 second intervals, but an absolutely foolproof method is with a heating pad. Just place it on the pad and fold it over for about 30 minutes. It's perfectly melted every time and no chance of scorching it.)
Pour the melted chocolate over the popped corn and stir with a big spoon. Just stir and stir. Although you may feel you're not getting it covered, you are. Then turn it out on to a piece of parchment and let it air dry to allow the chocolate to harden. Break it apart and package. It's so easy and delicious.
Here's wishing you a good week. I'll be back when time allows!

2 comments:

  1. not sure how my house will ever get cleaned or my family fed now that you have started a blog. I will be glued to the computer for new updates daily. can't wait to see you every day now! my dream come true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...you and your sweet words. wish you lived next door to me...we could get into so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete