Friday, September 4, 2009

A "Chair"ished Collection


"There's always a chair with your name on it at our house!" We live in Corpus Christi and we're ten minutes from the bay and thirty minutes from the gulf. In the past thirty years of living that near the beach, we've had our share of house guests.

Some time back I started collecting miniature chairs and I pick one to suite your personality when you let me know you're coming for an overnight visit. I hang a tiny tag on it with your name and put it on a tray along with a note pad and pencil, some snacks, magazines, and anything else I think you should have upon your arrival. The bonus is when my guests leave, they always leave something in their chair to remember them and the fun we've had.
Some of the items left behind include little notes, wine corks, and guitar picks. I even once found a tiny handcrafted mallet to remember the crab dinner we shared.
It's a fun collection and I have trouble resisting cute little chairs I find in the most interesting places. So come on now, make your reservations, and come see the chair I've picked for you!

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to visit my chair soon... :) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! The chairs are so cute! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Audrey...come on down girl...it's been too long! And did you see your lil' chair...it's in the top photo behind Sue's. That's how long it's been...your's has been shoved to the back. Come on down and we'll dust it off!
    To Wendy...thank you...you and Claire should come visit!

    ReplyDelete