Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Amongst My Favorites


Now that January is here and all the Christms stuff is gone, my house looks a little bare. This is when I like to pull out my favorite things. Here is a plate holder that my friend Dr. Dan made for me several years ago. It's an engineering masterpiece made of thin dowels.

I have the perfect place on my cooktop peninsula (not an island because it's connected to the wall) to keep this. It stores 8 large plates and 8 small plates. I love just reaching for a small plate when I'm making a snack or sandwich and not having to open the cabinet door. Is that the ultimate in laziness?

And it adds a dash of color that I can change out on a whim if I find some different small plates to store on the top row.

Don't you just love this? It's truly one of my favorite things. Thanks Dr. Dan!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Happy to have you blogging again! Say, isn't it almost your birthday?

    ReplyDelete