Thursday, January 27, 2011

Treasures Found in Fred'burg



This past weekend, St. Wayne and I celebrated our anniversary and my birthday by spending 3 days in Fredericksburg in the Texas Hill Country. It's about 200 miles from where we live so we feel we've been somewhere without having to drive all day. If you don't know Fredericksburg (from this point on I'll refer to it as "Fred'burg" just because I get tired of typing that long name), do yourself a favor and put it on your list of places to know.

It's simply charming and historic, full of quaint B&B's, fabulous shops, bakeries, good restaurants, and lots of live music. And the men like it because it's right down the road from the legendary Luckenbach. It's about an hour west of San Antonio so it's easy to get to.

Here are a few treasures I picked up while shopping...a big heart made of metal, a fork and a spoon with magnets, a heart-shaped boxwood wreath, 3 bars of soap, and several sets of notecards. I could have loaded up much more had there not been some serious self-constrained going on. I'm on the verge of starting spring cleaning, and I really tried to keep that in mind as I looked.

So, maybe you should put Fred'burg on your list of places to visit in the spring when the bluebonnets start to bloom!

2 comments:

  1. Judi, the colors look beautiful and they really make the pictures vibrant. Next time you want someone to go to Fred"burg with count me in - I've only been there once and didn't really get to see much. You came back with some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks, Debby. I love it when someone leaves a comment. We can go to F'burg anytime...that's a quick trip. Thanks so much for helping me tweak this blog design. What would I do without you??!

    ReplyDelete