Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Jammie Day



It's long after noon and I'm still in my jammies. The weather is frightful outside and so unlike South Texas so I found my flannel pajamas so good and warm this morning, I never took them off and got dressed. To equalize the feeling of being a pitiful slob, I decided I'd better get something major accomplished so I tackled my hall linen closet. It's a great closet with lots of deep shelves and holds alot of stuff, as you can see.

The first photo is the result of lots of hard work today and shows the completed project after two trips to The Container Store (I've been planning this for quite some time) and half a million dollars despite the Elfa baskets being 20% off. I do feel calm and serene when I stand there and look and no longer open the door with fear and trepidation. In fact I might just leave that door open for awhile.

All the baskets are now labeled and I found a place for the vacuum cleaner bags and the little footstool nobody can ever find. Irma, my sweet housekeeper is going to be so happy when she gets here tomorrow.

I nearly didn't show you the before picture, but thought you might want to compare just to justify a day in my jammies...that second photo is pretty scary, huh?

Now...one closet down and four to go. Yea spring cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment