Thursday, February 17, 2011

More Inspiration from Betty


This morning as I was putting the tatooed love lady back where she belongs, up on the board on my studio wall, something else from Betty Locke caught my eye. This could be my all-time favorite from Betty and thought you might like to see it, too.

She used a large piece of watercolor paper and again, thinking of the size and shape of the envelope, sketched my name in large happy letters and drew lots of bubbles. Then she cut away the background on the top portion of the letters using an exacto knife and added bright splashes of color. She scored and folded what little was left on each side and made it a fold-over card to fit inside a No. 10 (business size) envelope, leaving my name to "pop" up when folded.

On the inside she wrote a short note. Then, needless to say, the envelope matches with her same wonderful style. Can you imagine my thrill when I received this in the mail?

Betty has inspired me for years and years and there's nothing more exciting than an envelope from Betty. I hope she inspires you to get out your watercolors and exacto knife. Scan what you come up with and send it to me at the email address on the right. I'd love to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment