Friday, January 7, 2011

I Did It Again!




Last year I didn't post the entire month of December, and by golly, it happened again this year. I won't bore you with whining and tell you I had way too much work to do before I could put my Christmas together or tell you I was flat of my back in bed with a high fever...it just happened. I got caught up with so much stuff that some things went undone. I actually fantasized about things I could post about, but it never happened. But, then again, you were probably too busy with your stuff to even check to see if I had posted, so all is well.

Here are a few pictures of Christmas at my house. A litle late, but nevertheless, a new post, right?

I have always wanted to do a tree with no Christmas color and this year I did it. It all started with my friend Cathie finding mercury glass ornaments half off at Mary Kate's in Dallas at their after Christmas sale. She bought me a dozen of them and then all through the season I added to them. When I started to put it all together I was amazed at the amount of decoration I have sans red and green. It amounted to a whole house full.

Christmas was pretty serene at our house, no red/green screaming at me and overstimulating me and adding to the frenzy I find myself in every year. It was pretty peaceful and my favorite part was turning off all the lights but the twinkles on the tree and enjoying the peace and quiet everynight from the couch as I turned off the day and relaxed before going to bed. Ahhh...

1 comment:

  1. Judi, I love that table with the apothecary jars filled with white - and I'd pay you to make me that beautiful garland on the tree! It looks like you had a perfect holiday!

    ReplyDelete